Fire Safety

Amthal’s gold star for security with the Orion primary school

thereon

The Orion Primary School is working directly with Amthal Fire & Security to create bespoke fire safety and security solutions at its new and growing site, to protect pupils and staff, inside and outside the classroom.

The Orion Primary School is part of a federation of two schools that forms a large learning community.  In 2014, it moved to its current site, doubling in size to offer a four-form entry.  The school continues to expand to offer the very latest learning facilities and commit to its ‘Gold Star Primary Learning’ approach to its students and provide a brighter future.

Holding open school fire doors with Agrippa

fire doors with Agrippa

A school in Kent has installed Agrippa fire door holders to protect teachers and pupils in the event of a fire. 

When the school’s existing sound activated door retainers were becoming damaged by pupils, the Weald of Kent Grammar School decided to replace all of the units with the Agrippa door holders.

Completely wire-free, the holders can be installed in just ten minutes and are supplied with two C cell batteries. The Agrippa holders are also fitted to the top of the door to prevent damage to the door and floor. Accepted by the UK fire brigade, the Agrippa fire door holders are the perfect solution to holding open fire doors, whilst ensuring they are closed automatically in the event of a fire. 

Schools fined across the UK for not complying with government fire regulations

Agrippa

The problem

Fire safety statistics show that each year 43% of schools suffer a fire of some severity, affecting 900,000 children and costing thousands of pounds in damages. 

The Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005 was produced for public establishments to provide a simple and rational guide to protecting property against fires. Despite this, institutions across the UK have still received fines up to £70,000 for failing to adhere to the legislation.

The importance of fire doors

Fire Risk Warning of Charging Mobile Phones in Bed

Fire Risk Warning of Charging Mobile Phones in Bed

 

Children in Lincolnshire could be putting their lives, and the lives of their families, at risk by charging their mobile phones in bed.  Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue are recommending that parents are to check where their children are charging their mobiles phones at night.

Research has revealed that 53 per cent of children are charging their phone or tablet either on their bed or even under their pillow. This is an extremely dangerous practice.  The heat generated cannot dissipate and the charger will become hotter and hotter. The likely result is that pillows will catch fire - thus placing the child (as well as everyone else in the property) in great danger.