The new phonics-based app, designed to teach children to read through play
With September now upon us, both parents and teachers alike are on the lookout for new and innovative learning tools. Once which has recently caught our eye, and is designed to help children learn to read in a fun and engaging way, is Norwegian app, Poio. As such, QA Education is giving away an access code (worth £18.99) and the accompanying physical storybook to one lucky winner!
Poio is an app that provides a compelling, gamified alternative to traditional learning methods, helping children learn to read through play. Created by teacher and father, Daniel Senn, and his four-year-old son, Leon, the Poio app (and accompanying physical storybook), provides an immersive learning experience for children aged between 3 and 8. You can read about our own experiences with Poio here: Phonics app review
Whether your child is just learning to read, or struggled with reading in their first year at school, the Poio app will help them immerse themselves in the activity, and transform them into life-long readers. The app allows children to learn at their own pace, without the need for adult supervision, which makes the learning experience much more relaxing and enjoyable. Reading is made even more fun with the reward of a physical storybook, given to the child upon completion of the game, and is included in QA Education’s competition!
To be in with a chance of winning the Poio reading app and accompanying phonics book, worth a total of £27.99, click on the Rafflecpter link below:
***The administrator of this competition is QA Education Magazine (“administrator”). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. Administrator may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 12th November 2019.
* The prize is the Poio reading app and phonics book!. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on Poio reading app and phonics book. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winners will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.