Headteacher Magazine, guide to services and products for UK Schools
Light therapy specialist Lumie is supplying the lights for a light cafe running from today to 19th January at Leeds University Union. Now in its third year, the café provides an alternate revision space which is designed to improve students’ health and wellbeing. The lights will also be used in meditation and yoga workshops that will complement the café experience.
• Minted Box, the creators of classroom seating plan, MINTclass, is asking teachers to share their challenges, frustrations and ideas for effective school practice
• Teachers and school staff are able to submit their ideas before, during and after Bett 2017 to be in with a chance of having their concept built by Minted Box
• Schools that have their ideas created can also benefit from earning additional revenue through offering the resource to other schools who could make use of it
• LEGO Education, supported by Hope Education for primary and JTRS for secondary, will deliver workshops at Bett 2017 that show teachers how hands-on learning using technology and computing can benefit STEM classrooms
• Every teacher who prebooks and attends a workshop will receive a free LEGO® kit and will be entered into a prize draw to win either a full WeDo 2.0 classroom set or a half classroom pack of LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3
Unique new game teaches real-life coding and prepares Students for their future
Ever considered there might be a connection between kittens and coding? Of course not, because there wasn’t one…until now!
Children across the UK are being called to tap into their imagination and put pen to paper as a celebrated writing competition is launched once again.
The BBC has announced the opening date for its popular storytelling competition 500 words.
Schools and nurseries can now deliver the highest quality safeguarding training to meet statutory and Ofsted inspection requirements, whilst making vast cost savings with SSS Learning’s new e-learning courses, debuting at the Education Show 2017 (stand H81).
Developed as a ‘much needed’ catalyst for change in safeguarding training, the concise courses are fully CPD-accredited and certify individual educators, replacing ‘often insufficient or costly’ traditional group training methods.
HUNDREDS of North East schools could be without access to adequate e-safety advice and security resources when a Government-backed support network closes this year.
IT experts Advantex Network Solutions Ltd warns that the end of Northern Grid for Learning (NGfL) will have a ‘massive’ impact on schools, colleges and other training providers unless they act and start to draw up alternative plans.
It’s a month until the fifth annual Music & Drama Education Expo at Olympia Central in London on 9 and 10 February. Here’s a look at what you can expect – this year’s Expo is not one to be missed!
Leading UK product distribution company serving the broadcast, telecommunication and multimedia markets, DigiBox, is looking forward to a stimulating start to 2017 as the brand prepares to feature a number of world-class products on its stand at BETT 2017.
Appearing on Stand G380 of the exhibition, DigiBox will highlight the latest innovations from American hardware and software company NewTek, for whom it is the sole UK Distributor with dedicated sales, engineering and installation teams.
Rebecca Clark, Regional Schools Commissioner for the South West, has been confirmed as opening speaker for the 2017 Cornwall Teacher Awards.
Nikki Baron Business Development Director at the event's organisers, EMPRA said: "We are absolutely delighted that Rebecca is speaking at the Awards, she's such an important figure in the education sector."
The Regional Schools Commissioner is responsible for overseeing the growth of academies in the region and is responsible for monitoring their performance to ensure children receive the best possible education.
• For the first time there is a Northern Ireland pavilion at Bett, organised by Invest Northern Ireland
• The pavilion will showcase six of the region’s exciting edtech companies
• The aim is to promote the breadth and depth of Northern Ireland’s edtechexpertise and increase national and international business relationships
Broadcasters will speak in the BETT Arena and join Discovery Education stand
Discovery Education is delighted to announce that it will be partnering with two of the UK’s best known broadcasters at January’s BETT 2017 show.
Sir Tony Robinson and Ed Stafford will bring their own unique sense of adventure to the world’s biggest education technology fair, leading sessions in the BETT Arena and joining pupils and teachers on the Discovery Education stand.
In a recent report by Ofsted, it was revealed that a significant amount of students are being left unprepared for the workplace due to inadequate resources and a lack of emphasis on work-related learning.
The way students learn and educators teach is changing at an unprecedented pace, with 49% of educators believing the foreseeable future will bring significant changes to the way they teach*. The learning environment has moved beyond a dedicated physical space and is more interactive and social than ever before, with educators increasingly taking on a facilitator role.
Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved.