We have been selling quality school plays to English speaking schools around the world for 15 years. Since Playstage Junior started in 2002, our plays have been performed by English-speaking primary schools and youth groups in 43 countries! And we are always reaching new markets! In 2016, for example, as well as attracting many, many customers from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, we sold plays to schools in Mexico, Thailand, Vietnam, Tibet, The Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Guatemala, Malta, Gibraltar, Spain, India, China, Russia, Botswana, Nigeria and Hong Kong.
Many of our customers come back time and time again because they know that our plays are fun and audiences adore them. Teachers love the plays because they are so easy to purchase and download and we give teachers and youth leaders full production notes that offer invaluable help with props, sound effects, scenery and costumes.
We can offer three types of easily downloadable plays:
1. Plays without songs in the text (you can add your own if you wish).
2. Plays with traditional songs in the text and you can purchase our optional audio accompaniment tracks.
3. Plays with popular songs in the text and we provide a link to companies that provide modestly-priced backing tracks.
Best of all, once you have purchased and downloaded one of our plays and/or music packages, there are no further costs. No royalty fees whatsoever. Each play and music package comes with a licence to photocopy as many copies as your school or group requires and you may perform the play year after year.
It couldn’t be simpler. To view the plays on offer (many are new additions this year), click on the navigation bar at the top of the page and you will be able to view the synopsis of the play; casting requirements; read a sample of the script and listen to an excerpt, if appropriate, of the music download.
Look at our magical site on www.schoolplaysandpantos.com
YA stands for Young Adult and we started a new website last year to specifically cater for pupils over the age of 11. We felt there was a real need for comedy plays for teenagers. Plays that could be performed to audiences aged 5 to 95. Plays that made the audiences laugh and not feel uncomfortable with any issues, language or themes.
In 2016 our customers used our plays for the following reasons:
• To raise funds for their school
• To entertain parents
• To let older pupils entertain younger pupils
• To let teachers entertain pupils!
• Take entertainment to a hospital/rest home/other care facility
• Take entertainment to a local primary school
• To take part in a community festival
• Enhance the curriculum
• Improve literacy levels (performance is a sure fire way to do that)
• An exercise in team work.
As with our Junior site– the YA plays are DOWNLOADABLE and ROYALTY FREE. This means you can download it instantly and you do not pay any further
money to perform the play – no matter how many performances you stage.
Read some of our hilarious synopses of the plays at www.playstageya.com