Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we are now working from home. We are still happy to receive PR's, please email them to us or if you need to contact us urgently please email: email@example.com
Thera-Build® with LEGO®
Thera-Build® is a LEGO®-based therapeutic approach for improving children’s emotional well-being. Participation in Thera-Build® groups can help to boost self-esteem, support social development, build positive attachments and encourage purposeful conversation.
The methodology was developed by Alyson Thomsen, a former senior teacher and LEGO® Education Certified Trainer. Aly continues to work with families, schools, charities and Trusts to provide quality commissioned projects for children, and also provides training for parents, carers and professionals.
· The value of LEGO® as a therapeutic tool.
· The fundamentals of Thera-Build® and its therapeutic aims.
· The theory behind the methodology.
· How to resource and organise a Thera-Build® intervention.
· LEGO® building tips, technical vocabulary and advice.
· The importance of purposeful play.
· Helpful strategies for creating a secure therapeutic relationship.
· Practical activities to help children learn to co and self-regulate.
· Lots of ideas for LEGO® building experiences!
Find more about Thera-Build® here: www.bricks2learn.com