BARBECUES BY THEIR VERY NATURE ARE FUN! PERFECT FOR SPORTS DAYS AND GREAT FOR FUND RAISING EVENTS TOO. THEY ALWAYS DRAW A CROWD, PARTICULARLY ON FINE DAYS WHEN EVERYONE WANTS TO BE OUTDOORS.
Here are a few practical tips for a trouble free barbecue event………
1. SAFETY - Ensure that the person connecting the gas bottle to the barbecue is competent in the use of bottled gas. Allow everyone to see what’s cooking, but keep a safe perimeter.
2. ORGANISATION - Organisation is the key to larger scale catering. Organise your team accordingly and make sure they each know what their specific job will be.
3. STAFF - Barbecues are fun! Choosing the more extrovert members of your staff to be on duty will help create the right atmosphere.
4. FOOD - Your menu should be well prepared in advance. Make sure you keep the fat content of the food as low as possible. Excess fat just causes flares and smoke which is the last thing you need. Try not to barbecue food straight from the fridge as this makes cooking through to the middle difficult.
5. MENU - Experiment! Try kebabs, salmon, marinated lamb or chicken satay on sticks. Always have a good supply of sauces, salads and coleslaw on hand. Baked potatoes are also very popular and can be cooked beforehand in a conventional oven. Remember the vegetarians, so try spicy vegetable kebabs, stuffed tomatoes baked in foil, or keep a vegetable risotto in a shallow tray on the go. Keep the party going with a dessert menu – bake bananas in their skins and serve with warm chocolate sauce, or wrap soft fruit in foil parcels, sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for about 5 minutes & serve with crème fraiche.
6. SYSTEM - It is so important that you devise a system and let everyone know what the system is! Will tickets be purchased in advance, or will they pay when they receive their food? Will the staff serve salads, potatoes etc. or will they help themselves? These simple points will ensure that your BBQ runs smoothly and with the minimum of effort.
7. ADVERTISING - Use your Social media and notice boards to good effect and build excitement in the run up to the big day. Don’t forget the most valuable free advertising of all ‘word of mouth’. Tell everyone you speak to about your planned barbecue – you may well be surprised by the response.
GOOD LUCK AND MAY YOUR BARBECUES SIZZLE! Cinders Barbecues Limited©